Statement of Quality
- Water Damage
- Our books are carefully examined for water damage and, if present, described in our listing and marked down to a lower price.
- Remainder Marks
- When publishers mark down a book and sell it off at a greatly reduced price, they often mark the edges of the book with a black mark or a publisher's logo.
- Writing Within the Body of the Book
- Generally, we do not buy books that have marking within the body of the text. Some books, however, are prized enough to warrant buying. We carefully note any problems of this sort in our listing.
- Broken Spines
- The book may have creased spines, a common enough aspect of paperback books, but it should not have a broken spine where the binding material is clearly visible through the crease or if there seems any danger of the pages coming out of the book.
We make every effort to maintain the highest quality on all our books. In fact, it is our policy to only buy books that we grade as very good or better. But it is also possible that a book may come our way that is so unique it warrants special consideration, such as a rare out-of-print or signed edition. In cases of unusual damage, we carefully describe the problems of note. This description can be accessed by clicking on the individual Book Number next to each of our listings.